Bank Mill Community Centre
Bank Mill, built in 1844, was the first power mill in Great Harwood. Cotton manufacture finally came to an end in the 1960s and the building was demolished in the early 70s.
Completed in 1974 Bank Mill House is a Senior Citizens Centre fronting Church Street.
This is beside the steps to the Senior Citizens Centre above.
Around the corner on Lowerfold Road and using the original mill entrance is the Youth Centre.
The rest of the site is a grassed area.
Coming over the the bank in the centre of the photo is Nap Brook the small stream that provided the steam power for the mill.
The Community Centres from the bank, Youth left Senior Citizen in the centre.
Old Harwood, Louie Pollard and Harry E. Eaton, Great Harwood Civic Society, 1973. Page 4
© Great Harwood History Society 2002 - 2015
Great Harwood Appreciation Society