Joseph Haydock was a wine and spirit merchant in Blackburn who also had several joint business ventures with the Mercer brothers in and outside Great Harwood. He spent much time working for the general improvement of the town, was a founder member of the Nuisance Removal Committee, 1856, which made plans for the sewering of the town and of the Local Board, 1863, which carried out the plans.

The Haydocks lived at Churchfield House, which was left to the town by Joseph's younger son, Milton.


Churchfield House